Hi Everyone! * *Waving * *
Ok, I found a great new CHALLENGE for my book loving community. Don't sigh and roll your eyes yet! This isn't going to make your book pile ANY larger. Then how is it a challenge you ask? (Go ahead...ask it) Well, it's a BLOGGING CHALLENGE and it's called "WEEKLY GEEKS"! This challenge was created by Dewey at The Hidden Side of a Leaf and we're waiting for some buttons to be made. If you're interested, you may head on over to her blog to sign up and it will always have something to do with blogging and most likely, yes, you guessed it - BOOKS! What's not to love? It's a great way to meet new friends and stumble upon some GREAT BLOGS! The following it taken DIRECTLY FROM DEWEY'S BLOG:
It’s the very first Weekly Geeks theme! Thanks to everyone who joined.
This week is Discover New Blogs Week!
1. Look through the list of blogs on the Mr Linky below and see if you can find five that are new to you. If you can’t, find as many new blogs as possible and then some you don’t read super regularly.
2. Visit those new blogs. A comment would be nice; people like comments.
3. When you’re ready, at some point by Friday if you want to be included in the blurbs next week, write a post in your blog featuring those new blogs you visited.
4. Don’t forget to come back here and leave a link to your post, so that I can get it into the blurbs!
Ok, so the first FIVE blogs chosen by ME, The Princess, are as follows:
1. Trish's Reading Nook - Trish's blog is a gorgeous warm sage spring green! I loved it immediately and it's filled with informative reviews and the challenges that she's participating in. She also lists the book that she's currently reading so that you know which review will be coming up! This is not my last visit there. As a matter of fact, all of my new friends will be added to my Blog Roll , which it over to the right and it's under "Attending the Ball".
2. Next up is This Redhead Reads . A bright blog that's filled with her thoughts and reviews. Cute and informative! Two of my very favorite things!
3. My third random pick is Maw Books Blog. This blog has a very nice set up and it's quite easy to follow. I'm surprised I didn't find Natasha's blog sooner! I now have a new book that I'm getting to read because of her review for "Number of Stars" by Lois Lowry. It's a really cute blog ... and I believe I read that she's celebrating her 100th post with a contest. So, go and check her blog out as well.
4. Then I visited Books, Memes, and Musings "thoughts about life". Wow this a bright blog with blue hues. (Sorry that I have to comment on the appearance, but I love how everyone expresses their individuality through their blogs...it's SO wonderful)! Anyway, Book Gal lives in CA and she's a mother and wife ... also a teacher, reader, and writer (according to her profile). Also, she participates in memes such as BTT and reviews the books that she reads. A really wonderful blog! I'm glad I stopped by!
5. And last but not least, So many book reviews... ... what a "homey" blog! It reminds me of a rich chocolate wallpaper that I love. (or just plain chocolate that I love) Her only complaint "So many books and SO LITTLE time" We can certainly ALL relate to that! She's a reader that reviews whatever catches her fancy and she's super sweet. So, drop by and show her some luv!
So there they are ... my five blogs (chosen at random) and I had such a great time, I think I may check in on many more this week! What a great idea Dewey! And to anyone that wants to join, it's super-easy and a lot of fun!
That's all for now! Thanks for listening and stopping by the castle!
XXX ~ KISSES