September 26, 2009

Saturday Spotlight




These weeks just seem to be flying by!  It's already the end of September and the very first day of BANNED BOOKS WEEK! (Which I will be celebrating in a BIG Way) While I wish there wasn't a need for this week, I fully enjoy participating and showing my love for books banned or not!  I hope you'll each do something special for this very important week! 

I'm going to put BBW on hold for just a moment to introduce this weeks SATURDAY SPOTLIGHT. Who do I have for you this week? Read on and find out!

Will you PLEASE state your name "Just for the Record"?  Reggie

Your Online Alias?  ReggieWrites

Reggie, What did you Name Your Blog?  The Undercover Book Lover (Not Really)

And Where Can We Find "The Undercover Book Lover (Not Really) Online? *Pssst...We need the URL..*     http://theundercoverbooklover.blogspot.com

Go ahead...Go Look! It's a really great blog. Promise, I'll wait! (*Crosses Fingers Behind Her Back*)

Can you give us a quick bio about yourself?
Well, as many people know, I LOVE to read. Reading is basically my life. I also love to write and debate. I'm currently writing a novel titled "Maybe It's Fate". What not many people know about me is that I can do a split. It's one of my random talents. haha!

You're Right Reggie! I had NO idea! I'm totally picturing it and I now see you in a WHOLE different Light! (*giggles*)

Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog at the beginning of July 2009. So I'm still pretty new! Blogging opens up a completely different way for hunting for books. I LOVE it!

I have to agree fully! Another thing that you'll all agree with is that while Reggie's blog is NEW, it's a great addition to the book blogging community and there are some wonderful reviews to be found over at "The Undercover Book Lover (Not Really)".


What is your favorite genre and/or genres?
My favorite genres are YA and Adult fiction (not erotica). I love authors like Lisa Schroeder, Tom Clancy, and John Grisham.


Who is your favorite author?
Currently, my favorite author is Lisa Schroeder...but it changes almost every week because there are so many talented authors out there.


What's your favorite book of all time?
I hate this question...haha. Because I can only pick one. But today, I would have to say my favorite book is I Heart You, You Haunt Me. This book is so touching and poignant.

Name & describe your blog features:
Currently, since I'm pretty new, my blog features are:
Secret Agent Uncovered: Author Interviews - this is where I interview authors every week.

Blogger Undercover - this feature is solely focused on helping out bloggers by exposing their blogs more. I love helping fellow book lovers!

The Weekly Pen - this is where I post a few poems, short stories, or articles written by me.

Post-its - this is my favorite feature! I post up quotes from books that make me smile or that are noteworthy.

Right now, these are my only features. But soon (in the next few weeks), I'm going to be adding contests, and IMMs to my features.

I LOVE the current features and I'll be looking for your new additions!

Describe your review system:
This is the most difficult question. It gets a little bit complicated here. My review system is very complicated. Anyway here it goes:

Originality: /10
Ending: /10
Characters: /10
Plot: /10
My reaction/enjoyment: /10
Theme: /10
Imagery: /10
Setting: /5
Voice: /5
Style: /5
Tone: /5
Cover: /10
Total Score: /100

A+ = 95-100
A- = 90-94
A- = 85-89
B+ = 80-84
B = 75-79
B- = 70-74
C+ = 65-69
C = 60-64
C- = 55-59
D+ = 50-54
D = 45-49
D- = 40-44

I'm not going to add an 'F' to the list because no author ever deserves an 'F'.

As you can see, it's kind of a grading format so that people are able to know which books they might like, based on their preferences. For instance, if characters are more important to a reader than the plot, they can pick a book with the highest character rating.

How is your blog unique from other blogs?
My blog is unique because of the feature titles and the review system. I don't wanna copy other blogger's titles for their features, so I make up my own. It has to be related with my blog name: The Undercover Book Lover (Not Really).
As for the review system, I've never seen a more complicated one than mine...hehe

I LOVE that you make up your own ideas! When I first Started Park-Avenue Princess here on Blogger almost two years ago, I wanted everything to be centered around my title as well. I try to keep it the same to this day. (ie... Royal Reviews, My Rating Scale with Tiaras, and the photos that I use) So, I fully understand and can appreciate ALL of your hard work!

How about sharing a few marketing ideas?
Asking fellow bloggers for help is a good technique. Everyone is extremely nice...Like Amy over here! Thanks Amy!

You're MORE than Welcome Reggie! Anytime... *smiles*

Can you give us 3 tips about content?
1. Be an honest reviewer. Say what's on your mind. Just because other reviewers think it's a good book, doesn't mean you have to also!
2. Have FUN! If you don't like blogging, then don't start a blog. You have to enjoy it in order to do well consistently.
3. Have substance in your reviews. Reviews without substance are not so nice. It's less helpful to other readers.

THREE Tips to Live By!

Can you give us 3 tips about blog promotion?
1. Don't be afraid to contact other bloggers...some of them are sure to help!
2. Comment! Commenting not only helps your blog, but other bloggers out there always welcome comments!
3. Author Interviews. Try contacting different authors...ask them for reviews to post on your blog. Some of them will surely oblige!

Thank You Reggie! It's been a PLEASURE having you here at Park-Avenue Princess! Enjoy the Spotlight! You Deserve it!

I've got WINNERS coming up!!

x0xx - KISSES

1 comment:

Feel like Preaching to the Princess?

Well then...Please leave all of your Noble Notes and Royal Ramblings here...

All will be taken into consideration.

XXX ~ The Princess