September 6, 2009

*Saturday Spotlight ~ Meet Jessica*


Yes, I DO realize it's now SUNDAY! Sorry, I wasn't feeling well yesterday and didn't get around to posting this weeks "Saturday...err Sunday Spotlight" (name change only pertains to this week)... Anyway, I have a NEW Book Blogger for you this week and her name is JESSICA!

Let's find out a *Little Bit* more about Jessica and her book blog!

What's your Name (the one on your birth certificate)? Jessica

And your Alias (aka) ? Jess

Jess...what's your blog's name? Cover to Cover: One Twenty-Something’s Journey to Writing (and finishing) a Novel

*Cute Name...What's the URL for people that want to visit both you and your blog?
http://jessicalawlor.blogspot.com/

Can you give us a quick bio about yourself? I’m Jess and I’m a twenty-one public relations student in Philadelphia. I’ve loved to read and write for as long as I can remember, and it’s always been my goal to publish a novel. In my free time, I love to read, write, attempt to cook, blog, and hang out with my friends. I absolutely love traveling and studied abroad in Rome this past summer.

Rome? How awesome! This Princess would love to leave the Castle... *sigh* But, there's just too much to do here!!

Why did you start your blog? I started my blog for 2 main reasons. *And those would be*?

1. I love to read, and am always looking for book suggestions. I did a few searches and found this whole world of book review blogs that I never knew existed. I decided I wanted an outlet to discuss the books I love.

2. It’s always been my goal to write a novel, but I can’t seem to make myself sit down and write. I figured creating a blog where I could discuss the process and converse with other bloggers would give me the inspiration I needed to get started.

What is your favorite genre and/or genres? I love chick lit. and young adult fiction.

Who is your favorite author? My favorite author is a toss-up between Sophie Kinsella and Jennifer Weiner. I love them both.

What's your favorite book of all time? My favorite book of all time is definitely Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner. It’s the perfect story of a broken girl who finds her way to independence and happiness.

Would you Please name & describe your blog features: Book reviews, writing tips, my writing journey, author interviews (hopefully soon!), book news, etc.

How about your review system: The system is on a scale from 1-5, 1 being the worst and 5 being the best.

How is your blog unique from other blogs? My blog is unique because along with reviewing books, I’m going to be discussing my own journey to writing a novel. It’s the best of both worlds.

How do you market your blog? My blog is fairly new, but so far I’ve joined Shelfari, and I’ve been commenting on other book review blogs.

Can you give us 3 tips about content? I think posting at least once a day is key. Find your own voice that makes you, you. Don’t just post reviews every day, mix it up with book news and author interviews.

Can you give us 3 tips about blog promotion? Comment, comment, comment…honestly, it’s the best way to find new readers. Bloggers appreciate when others read and enjoy their content, so let those bloggers know and hopefully they will check you out!

*Hopefully, they will!!* Thanks for being here Jessica and introducing yourself to the book blogging community!!

If YOU Would Like YOUR Blog Here In the Spotlight...

All you have to do is "Contact ME" and I'll Get Right Back To You

And Let You Know How!!


Kisses - XXX

2 comments:

Feel like Preaching to the Princess?

Well then...Please leave all of your Noble Notes and Royal Ramblings here...

All will be taken into consideration.

XXX ~ The Princess