May 10, 2008

A HUGE THANK YOU!


I don't even know where to begin. The amount of letters that we have received about Amy and what she means to each of you has touched our hearts so much. Especially Amy's.


We've gotten notes, well wishes, e-cards and offers of help. All of which we appreciate so much! Amy wanted you all to know that she still needs her *COMFORT READING* it's giving her something to do other than thinking of what's going on. This is her main reason for reading and reviewing. When I told her of the notes we received regarding concern from authors and friends not wanting to bother her right now wth review requests or not wanting to "add to her problems", she said never, that would never be the case. She wants you to send anything that you need read and reviewed.


While she's awake, she's reading and visiting with family and friends. Her only complaint is that visiting hours just are just not long enough. She misses you all and can't wait to return. I also have received requests for Her hospital room number. She's been switched twice already and after her surgery (the first scheduled of a few), I will be happy to send anyone her room number and hospital information. You are all such caring, good-hearted and loving people! No wonder Amy loves her "book blogging community" so! (Those were her words, not ours).


We are trying our best to keep up with all of this, so, if you do not hear from us right away, try to be patient, we will get to you. I know this is hard when you are worried about someone.


On a separate note, TRISH, (I would add the link to your blog if I knew how...) I'm learning and will find out, promise. What you are doing for Amy left us all speechless, you are a truly remarkable woman. Your words rang true it IS nice to do something for someone you care about and IMPORTANT TO KNOW that they are LOVED and CARED ABOUT befor it's too late to say! Thank you TRISH we don't know what else to say. We have love and RESPECT for you. Also, to those of you participating, we are AMAZED at just how KIND you all are as well!


If you have no idea what we're talking about, please visit TRISH'S BLOG - It is listed on the RIGHT and it's where Amy has the list of Blogs that she visits. It's titled (by her) "Attending The Ball" ... HEY LADY! WHATCHA READIN'? belongs to TRISH, she is putting together a little "Care Package" for Amy...those of you that want to participate, please go to her blog and follow the directions, (but it is not something you MUST do) We know Amy and she will love you all anyway. TRISH, if you'd like to contact me, please do and I will help you ANY WAY I CAN! You have an amazing soul and a truly caring heart! What a wonderful thing you are doing. I know when Amy finds out, it will never be forgotten. We did not tell her, because we didn't want to ruin this surprise for her.


That's what we have for you today. Just a little news and a BIG THANK YOU! We'll keep in touch. Keep the letters and books coming! Words can't express how we feel, and we can't THANK YOU ENOUGH!


God Bless you all,

Vanessa

7 comments:

  1. Vanessa - thank you for keeping us posted on Amy's progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa, I'd love to chat with you via email...I'm at trish(dot)browning(at)gmail(dot)com. :-) Thanks for keeping package a secret...I love surprises and I think Amy will as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa, Thanks for the update on Amy. She's been on my mind and I hope that she continues to be in good spirits. A positive outlook is very important! I hope she is cheered by the outpouring of love and concern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been checking daily.. any new info on Amy? How is she?

    ReplyDelete
  5. As all of you are aware, Amy, Park-Avenue Princess of Royal Reviews is very sick and in the hospital for an extended stay and is fighting for her life. Her birthday is soon. What I would like to do is get together a birthday box from all of us. Please let her know you care even if it is just a comment on her blog or mine. If you would like to send something special to her in her birthday box - let me know and I will send you my address.
    AND MOST IMPORTANT PLEASE PRAY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Vanessa. Than kyou for the update and I am still praying for Amy and that she gets a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  7. J. kaye oldner you are more than welcome and I will do my best to keep you all up-to-date. But I also want to thank you J. kaye for being such a good friend and caring so much.

    Trish - you are so wonderful for doing what you are doing for Amy. What a wonderful friend she has in you and I did send you an email or two. I know that you got them, I'm just now getting to respond so I do apologize for being a little late. I will keep in touch with you.

    Lisamm - you are more than welcome as well. Thank you for your kind words and caring post. It really touched our hearts.

    Amy's new information is that she has had one operation out of a planned four. We are all very scared and nervous, because she's not able to move her legs on her own and because of her infection, they are talking of amputation. I really hope she doesn't mind me posting this, but it isn't the best situation and she is doing her P.T. We're praying that everythhing goes her way. She does deserve so much.

    Mr.s Patsy! What can I say to you? You've been there for us from the very start. Thank you for all of your help with Amy and for all the planning you've done. If you need naything, please do not hesitate to ask us. Any of us, Kim and Dawn included. They work days. It's just a mess, we don't have one second to ourselves and we're not complaining, we just want to make sure that Amy is alright.

    Cheryl - Thank you for praying and thinking of Amy, we couldn't ask for anymore than that!

    Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Feel like Preaching to the Princess?

Well then...Please leave all of your Noble Notes and Royal Ramblings here...

All will be taken into consideration.

XXX ~ The Princess